Friday, June 8, 2007

19 Days Old - Face Time

Before you see my face, I want to warn you that any place shiny on my face is below several layers of tape. I won't always look this silly, but I can't help myself from pulling on my feeding tube. I have tape on my chin and under my nose to protect my skin from the rubbing of my masks. Picture 1: I just spent an hour on Mommy on the right-side of my face, so it is very flat on that side and puffy on my left side. And, I have funny crease in my face where my CPAP and pads are so that my skin doesn't get damaged. So, I have one chipmunk cheek. You look funny in the morning when you wake up too. Don't you? Picture 2: I have lots of hair. Now that I don't sweat as much you can see that I have brown hair. My eyelashes are blonde. I am peeking at you through my left eye.

Picture 3: Hey, you moved. Now I am looking at your through my other eye. You look the same from both eyes. You are very big and blurry to me. Yes, I am wearing larger diapers now. Do you always ask such personal questions?

I think I am getting a little bigger and a little better. I will tell you about it tommorrow. I have another appointment right now.

What just happened? It seems like my face exploded and there's slimy stuff all over it. Note to self, sneezing and snot are not pleasant things.

4 comments:

Gweneth said...

Hmmm. Did anyone else notice how much Erynn looks like Uncle Kevin in picture #2? Well, it's too soon to decide, but my goodness, there is definitely some Kelly family influence here!

It's amazing to see her little face, even with tape all over it. Let's tape Kevin's face, and see if it compares..... :-) GG

donna said...

I don't know who Kevin is or rather what he ever looked like, BUT I see darryl and I see a sweet little girl blooming. No one looks their best in the hospital with everyone doing all those invasive things. You must be so thrilled and proud of yourself Erynn. You are a fighter.
Donna M.

Reed Probst said...

Thanks for sharing these photos and comments. She is has really grown over the last couple of weeks. Since we do not see her daily, her progress is very pronounced. Please give her a little squeeze for us during the next kangaroo time:-)...

NatalieD said...

I see a strong resemblance to your daddy, Erynn. We are so happy you are getting stronger and healthier. It's obvious you have a strong spirit and a spunky personality. Way to be, you precious little girl!