Thursday, June 7, 2007

17/18 Days Old - Baby Escapes

Tuesday , I went on a field trip for an hour to sleep on Mommy. We had really great cuddle time. I had really high staturation levels and didn't fuss at all. Mommy smells good to me and makes a lot of really wonderful noises. Her heart goes thumpety-thump and her voice makes her chest go buzzety-buzz. And then, we she burps, I know I am right at home. (Mommy had severe indigestion while we were together.) All these smells and noises give me very fond memories. If I am very good on my numbers for the whole day, then Mommy and I get to spend an hour together. Don't laugh at my funny-looking picture. I am wearing my nasal prong CPAP mask. I told you it was uncomfortable and not too attractive. But, I can breathe with it on and my lungs are learning how to work in this big world of yours. I am working on growing bigger now so that my lungs can get bigger too. Then, I should be able to breathe regular air.

As you can see, I highly recommend sleeping on the Mommy. It is very relaxing and comfy. Do you have a Mommy to sleep on? In my picture you can see my feeding tube. And that's just tape on my chin because I like to wrap my little fingers around the tube and pull. I can't help it. My arms and hands are sometimes not very obedient. Guess what I did on Wednesday. Yes, I went on a field trip to Mommy again. But, this time, we did kangaroo care time and we were skin to skin for over an hour. My Mommy needs a suntan. She is very, very white. That's my head-gear to keep my CPAP on. But, I am too wiggly and they have to replace it with a hat for me. I will show you pictures of me in my hat later. I want to tell you about kangaroo care time. It is very good for me and also for Mommy. In a place where babies didn't have incubators and they didn't survive very much, doctors asked the Mommies to wear their babies on their chests on tummies skin-to-skin 24/7 after the babies were born. The babies started to survive a whole lot more and so the doctors spread the word about how to help new babies get better, thrive and survive. So, now Mommy and I have kangaroo time and I like it very much. P.S. Today, during kangaroo time, I started to pat my Mommy and wiggle my little fingers. She is very warm and soft to my touch. And. tickle-ish too.

1 comment:

Gweneth said...

Fantastic report. GG