Friday, June 1, 2007

12 Days Old - No More Koolaid

Last night they took out my last umbilical line because it could get dangerous for me in a few days. I've been drinking "super-Koolaid" for the last twelve days instead of regular food. But now, I have to learn how to eat. Friday will be my first day of "Gut Training." Hopefully, I will like the new food and be able to drink a few drops. I'm going to start slow. I am still very little and do not want a tummy-ache. I have to eat in a special way for now but someday Mommy and I will have breakfast, lunch, dinner and several snacks together every day. I really like my Mommy. She looks funny right now through my artifical womb. But, she hums very low so that I can tell it is her. I like to make my blood pressure go down when she hums so that she knows I like to hear her. I am still trying to remain calm when Daddy gets home, but I can't help myself. Daddy is so exciting and really funny to look at when I am waking up. I am working on controlling my excitable arms and legs. I am sorry if I kicked and ruined a picture by accident. This weekend may be tough for me because now I have to learn how to breathe and eat and "the other stuff" (super-Koolaid was much easier). I hope my nurses don't mind changing my diapers. I hope I don't forget to breathe or something like that. It makes everyone so worried and then I feel bad too. Wish me luck.

No comments: