Saturday, June 2, 2007

14 Days Old - For Tante Marion

Time to play hide and seek. Can you see me? Do you know where I am hiding? No fair. You have been playing this game longer than I have. Yes, that is me under my womb blanket. Isn't it nice that people made this blanket for me before they even knew I was coming? I am glad that Mommy and the Quilt Group are going to make these blankets for other babies who come early.

If you know me, you know I have a Tante Marion. She works in hospitals and understands all of my breathing numbers. So, here is a special message for her. I am on a oscillating ventilator. They just decreased my MAP from 14.0 to 11.0. I started with an amplitude of 41 and now I am down to 28. My oxygen purity is currently in the 50's regularly but I still can't stand it lower than 38. I spike after each cluster care because I don't like it when they wake me up and do that medical stuff. But, I can usually calm myself down and get back in my zone. My sat rate is between 85% and 95%. And, I don't have many A's and B's (apneas and bradys) currently. My suctioning yielded very little of white to clear fluid. Nancy says I am very normal on the normal baby scale for lung secretions now.

Dr. Conrad is talking about graduating me to a more conventional vent next week. I hope I can deal with it. Sounds a little scary to me. I can't believe I am doing so well after last weekend when I wasn't doing very well at all.

Guess what I just did ? Yep. My first dirty diaper. I am so proud of me.

P.S. Mommy promised not to scare me by taking my picture today. Maybe I will let Mommy take a picture of part of me tommorrow.

2 comments:

Marion said...

A special message just for me! I am so very proud of you. Please tell Mommy and Daddy that you are all in our hearts and prayers. I'd love to give you a big kiss, I think I'd have to leave it on the outside of your house. Baby Erynn you are such a beautiful little girl.
Love from Tante Marion and Uncle Frankie

Gweneth said...

Several of those who have read your blog have mentioned how much they have enjoyed reading it and seeing your pictures!

I miss you!

Love, Grandma Gwen