Wednesday, June 20, 2007

1 Month Old - Happy Birthday to Me

June 19th was my first month birthday. We didn't play pin the tail on the donkey, we babies don't like pokie things. We didn't play pinata, we babies still need help with large motor skills. We didn't play musical chairs, we don't use chairs yet. But, we did do a whole lot of other things. First, I graduated to a new isolette (bed). It does almost everything my old isolette (bed) did, but its a bed for big girls. This bed does not have an emergency pedal so that the whole beds opens instantly for the doctors and nurses to get at me quickly. I don't need that much help anymore. Second, I graduated to nose cannulas. These blow oxygen in my nose, but I take the deep breaths on my own now to fill up my lungs. I need a bit more oxygen now, but I am still getting better at breathing. My big problem now is remembering to breathe and heart beat at the same time. Sometimes, I get too tired and forget one or the other or both.

I like my nose cannulas because now my hands can find my mouth and I love to suck on my fingers and sometimes by thumb. My CPAP machine used to get in the way of my hand and I would get very mad.

Third, my head scan came back showing improvements. That's really good. For the medical folks out there, my ventricals are reducing in size and fluids are being reabsorbed into my body. All Stage 1 babies get some type of bruise inside their heads and now it's a waiting game to see how the bruise heals. I seem to be doing a good job right now.

Fourth, my feeding consultant says its time for me to play and learn how to feed the natural way. So, on Friday, Mommy and I will start playing at feeding. It's sounds like lots of yummy fun. I hope I don't get too tired.

As you can see, I am quite sleepy these days. I am working on growing, just like when teenagers spend the whole day sleeping and eating. (I am a big girl.)

And lastly, I spent more kangaroo time with Mommy.

I am bushed. Thanks for sharing my one-month birthday. See you later.

Oh, by the way for my Nintendo friends, Gavin is now my neighbor. He looks very strong and likes to kick his legs in the air a lot. His Mommy and Daddy look very tired.

1 comment:

Gweneth said...

Oh, you beautiful doll, you tiny beautiful doll....lalalaaa.

Grandma Gwen loves you thiiiiiiiiis much!

Happy One-Month Birthday my little Sweetie-Pie. See you soon.

Lots of love......