Monday, July 30, 2007

71 Days Old - How's the Baby Doing . . .

Where's Erynn? I'm out getting ready for an important interview. While I'm gone, you can see by my crib and accessories that I am really growing up. I have a white bear mobile and a pink little princess teddy bear and blanket. Just back from a bath, I was stinky. Can you see my very curly hair? Everyone says I have a little bit of red in my hair. Mommy is putting on one of my outfits. At last, I fit into my clothes. You can see my hand at the end of my sleeve now. Oh, my gosh, look at the time, I'm not ready yet. "Hair" "Makeup".

Thank you, Holly. I love the Fauxhawk and head massage. You're good at this.

I'm off to my interview. . .

Interviewer: What have you been doing lately?

Erynn: Mainly, I've been growing. I am now 18 and 1/2 inches long. I know it looks like I am just sleeping, but you would be wrong.

Interviewer: Who does your hair?

Erynn: Well, after all the scanning gel they put on my head, my nurse gave me a fauxhawk. I know I look like a Cupie Doll, but Holly and Tinu say its all the latest rage. And, well, who am I to disagree.

Interviewer: Have you had time to do anything else besides sleeping?

Erynn: Yes, I am studying breastfeeding and bottle feeding. You'd think they were very much the same thing. I'm here to tell, they are not, several subtle differences. While I am studying, I like to build my jaw muscles with my pacifier.

Interviewer: Do you know what time it is ?

Erynn: Yes, it is 3 o'clock in the afternoon. I am most awake between 2:00 and 3:00 pm. During this time, I meet new people, do baby yoga, have my diaper change, get my temperature taken, switch monitor leads, change outfits and get wrapped up like a burrito.

Interviewer: Baby Yoga?

Erynn: Yes, Baby Yoga. I have several movements which I really enjoy. They are called "Stomp my Feet" "Ride my Bike" "Swim like a Frog" and "Climb the Stairs". Very invigorating and exhausting.

Interviewer: Why do you get wrapped up like a burrito?

Erynn: Well, ummmm. I can't really say. Mommy and Daddy prefer that I don't wave my arms while bottle and breast feeding. Oh, gotta go, time for my breastfeeding homework.

Ta.

4 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Thanks for the updates, Erynn has a fan club and we all hope you can bring her home soon!

Carl and Pat said...

This little girl is going to have quite a written legacy. I look forward to reading every word of your blog. What a sweetheart! (Pat Clark)

Kathyh said...

What a charmer!! ---and she writes so well for her age! I happen to think her parents are fantastic too!

Julie T said...

She's gonna just LOVE these pictures of herself when she's older! I actually do like the fauxhawk! And can't wait to see her demonstrating Baby Yoga!