Sunday, July 1, 2007

43 Days Old - A Conversation With Mommy

Mommy: Erynn, its been 3 days since we last talked, what's new? What have you been doing? You are such a big girl in your new crib. You have so many blankets and warm clothes on that you look like you are 7 lbs. instead your actual 4 lbs. Erynn: Well, Mommy, let's see . . . Daddy gave me a bath. It was very warm and nice eventhough the scary water faucet was right there. I didn't get scared when it turned on because I felt so nice and Daddy was holding me and Tall Mary was right there to save me if needed. Daddy washed my hair with soap and I didn't get any in my little eyes. Then Tall Mary rubbed me dry and then you put me in warm PJ's and I loved it. I was wide awake afterwards and I looked all around me. Guess who I saw. Erynn: Yes, I saw you Mommy taking pictures of me in my bed. I am so glad that you learned how to turn off the flash on the camera. I don't mind getting my picture taken that much any more. But, let me continue . . . Daddy has changed my diapers three times now. I make really messy diapers for Daddy. He still loves me, even when I am stinky. Maybe Daddy will give me another bath. I like baths.

Mommy: I am sorry we didn't get any picture of your bath. We left the camera batteries in the car. And we left that car at home. Now we have extra batteries in your cupboard and we won't miss your next bath. Why do you have two pacifiers now?

Erynn: My green pacifier is for premie babies. I like to suck on it when you dip it in milk and when I am feeding to help me digest the food. But, my orange pacifier is bigger. In the morning, when you are still at home, I need something to calm my waking nerves. I like to have my whole mouth filled with the pacifier. So, now I have two pacifiers. I am very special and lucky.

Erynn: Mommy, will you sing my special song to me? I want to hear my lullaby so that I can sleep tonight.

Mommy:
Baby mine don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head
close to my heart,
never to part,
baby of mine.

Little one, when you play,
pay no heed what they say.
Let your eyes sparkle and shine,
never a tear, baby of mine.

If they knew all about you,
they'd end up loving you, too.
All those same people who scold you,
what they'd give just for the right to hold you.

From your hair down to your toes,
you're not much, goodness knows.
But, you're so
precious to me,
sweet as can be,
baby of mine.

3 comments:

Gweneth said...

Wonderful.

She is beautiful. July 16th seems awfully far away........

GG

Mrs. B said...

I know you don't know me, I am one of Sharon's nieces from Idaho. Thank you for sharing Erynn's life. She is beautiful and lucky to have such a loving mommy and dad. I think of her often, and hope you can bring her home soon.

GTMGK said...

this site is SO precious...you are doing a fabulous job with it, Leslie. We love seeing our baby niece develop.

Love you guys,
Uncle Greg and Aunt Teri