Tuesday, July 10, 2007

51 Days Old - Look At Me Now

On June 28th, I received my award for 4 pounds. I wanted to show you my award, but Mommy and Daddy forgot to take a picture. Here is my award . . . I wanted to show you my 4 pound award so that you could see how nice my 5 pound award is . . . I also wanted to let you know that I have now passed my eye exams and am longer in danger of having detatched retinas. My eyes are mature now. I still can't see very well and don't recognize specific people, but I do like looking at faces if they don't stare back at me. (That's too scary.) This is my hospital gown. I am almost too big for it but that's ok because now I don't have very many wires to worry about. Can you see my name stitched into the gown in yellow? Thank you KT. Daddy and I can now play games during kangaroo. Can you see that I found Thumbkin first? Do you see how huge Daddy's Thumbkin is compared to mine? That's my Big Daddy. We played Hide and Go Seek. Unfortunately, I could not resist pulling Daddy's chest hair and he found me. Can you find me? Daddy told me all about Winne-the-Pooh and Eeyore and Tigger and their little friend. Do you know his name? Yes, it is Piglet. (No 1. requested picture "The Baby and Darryl's Hand") Mommy and I have been practicing Mommy and Baby skills during premie preschool. Here I am learning "Gentle". I need to be gentle when I touch my Mommy. Mommy is learning the "Ear-Shoulder-Hip" alignment to keep my airways open. Oh, I am so clever. Here I am practicing reverence. I am so wiggley, I am going to have to practice reverence a long, long time.

Mommy learned how to swaddle me. I wonder if I like it. What do you think about it?

Well, I don't like having to keep my head up and I would like to look more to the right.

But, all in all, it is very snuggley and I feel very safe and warm. Yes, I do like it.

Write you soon. Good night.

2 comments:

VickiD said...

Hi again Erynn!
I was saying before I google registered, that I am proud of you and your folks for working so hard to do so much growing! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Love from Auntie VickiD

Carl and Pat said...

Leslie, these are incredible photos. Looks like the little gal is progressing wonderfully. Yep, the one with daddy's hand is the best! You could make this into a published book, you know! By the way, it's a gret photo of mommy, too. (Old friends from Redmond-Carl & Pat Clark)