Thursday, November 22, 2007

Nov 22 - Thankful at Thanksgiving

Mommy says (you better listen) its important to say Thank You when people are nice to you and help you. And, it's really important to say Thank You for the small things that really, really made a difference for you. So, on this, My First Thanksgiving, I would like to thank a few people:
Miss Deb H: for being the first person to just play with me while Mommy was watching. Mommy didn't know how to play with me because I was sick for so long. Do you know that we play wiggly fingers all the time so that I can find new things in my house ?
Mary Rose and Bobby: for lending me their activity gym and special bouncy chair. I learned how to play with toys because I didn't have to lift them up. Did you know that most toys are very heavy or short? I couldn't see all the wonderful things that I could play with. I love the special bouncy chair because I can play and not reflux. This is a really big thing for me, really, really big.
Miss Kaylene T and Miss Natalie D: for finding me something to stop the tummy pains and conquering the "pooh monster" and the "gas monster". They still live in my world, but now most of the time they don't control me. I can learn and grow and play now instead of fighting the monsters all the time.
Miss Jan H: for letting me scream in her ears and tell my sad stories. It's hard being a baby. Everything is new and lots of time I don't understand what's going on.
Miss Lisa T: for showing me how to pump a swing with my upper body and helping me look to the left. I really like looking to the right, but my muscles need development on the left so I won't look funny in the future.
Mr. Spencer C and Miss Shawna H: for coming to hold me for Mommy and talking with my Grandpa when I didn't feel good. Sometimes its hard for my family not to feel bad when I feel bad. Sometimes, we have too many things to do and need a little help here and there.
Miss Julie T: for telling Mommy about pie-loric sten-osis and how to ask doctors to give you a test to prove you don't have something. Undiag-nosed problems can be really bad. It's better to know what's up than to keep getting sick. P.S. I don't have the pie thing (see above), but I do have dysphagia and reflux for now.
Oh, there's lots more people to thank for many things big (huge) and small and I'll have to write more later. But, Mommy says, sometimes people just don't know how important the little things are.
Thank you very much,
e
Note to reader: This week we received very, very complimentary and astounding (miraculous was used) comments regarding Erynn's progress in catching up to her adjusted age. She is on the path to catching up to her physical age also.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Did I just see Santa on the T.V. ?????? I am ready for Christmas and snow.

5 comments:

Gweneth said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Miss Erynn. You are a beautiful baby, and it's nice to know that you appreciate the little things, and that makes you beautiful inside, too.

This Grandma loves you!

GG

NatalieD said...

We're all thankful you're doing so well, Miss Erynn! You are a blessed little girl.

Carl and Pat said...

And, Miss Erynn, you must be very thankful for a mom who blogs and writes so amazingly well!! What a history you will have. (Pat C.)

Nanci Leonard said...

Dear Erynn,

I was so glad to see how you are growing. I am thinking that you are Mommy and Daddy's Valentine every single day. Sometimes your daddy isn't at school, and I bet he stays home and plays with you; I am thinking that you have a wonderful time with your special daddy.

Please know that there are lots of people whom you have never met who are REALLY happy to see you doing so well.

Wishing you and your family a very sweet Valentine's Day,

Nanci Leonard

Julie T said...

Agreed! No princess will have the detailed journal accounts that you do, Erynn! We are all so thankful for you and the joy you have brought into our lives thus far!