Monday, December 3, 2007

Dec 1 - Snow Day

Erynn: Good Morning, Mommy. I am very tired after our very long night. Something's, not right. You're not Mommy. You're Daddy.

Daddy: Erynn, its the first of December and it is snowing outside. Yes, it is Saturday and so both Mommy and I will be here today. And, it is snowing outside, so we will all stay home and play today. Erynn: Yay, SNOW DAY. . . . . . what's snow ??? Daddy: It's frozen rain. Oh, you don't know what rain is either? We'll open the door today and look at the outside. But, you will need to be careful because it is very cold. Erynn: I am so happy, I need to sing with my duck. Let's sing our three songs, Mr. Duck. (me,me,me,me) London bridge is falling down . . . . Old MacDonald had a farm . . . . Frerer Jacques . . . . Daddy: Erynn, it's time for a little lunch. Erynn: Daddy, spin my sailboats please. Daddy, my sailboats are not spinning. Daddy, do i need to get sad or are you going to spin my sailboats? Mommy, daddy isn't spinning my sailboats. Mommy: Erynn, it's time for a diaper check. Erynn: Why? I do not stink. Oh, never mind, I can feel . . . the yucky stuff. Mommy: Erynn, do you want to take a nap with Gina? Erynn: Yes, Gina, we need to snuggle in for our nap. It's snowing outside and it will be very cold. Daddy said so. Mommy: Erynn, what are you doing now?

Erynn: I am practicing for Christmas. I am pretending to be the manger baby.

Erynn: Mommy, what are you doing?

Mommy: Baby laundry. You've gone through five outfits, two sleeping mats, one blanket and eight spit diapers today.

Erynn: Good night, Mommy. I love you. Good night, Daddy. I love you, too (especially when you spin my sailboats.) kisses, e

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

It's been a long time since I've peeked. What a true, not-so-little, miracle you are little girl!! :-)

And to Darryl and Leslie, welcome to your best holiday season ever!

Sylvi in San Diego