Thursday, August 30, 2007

102 Days Old - Final Exams

Erynn: Good morning, Mommy. What are we going to do today? I think we should sleep in a little bit. My crib is especially snuggly and baby needs her beauty sleep. Mommy: Erynn, you need to take your car seat test today. It's very important. It's the last item on your list for coming home. Can you wake up for your test ? Erynn: But Mommy, I still have my feeding tube. How can I come home? Mommy: Daddy and I learned how to use the feeding tube and equipment. You can come home now and learn how to feed at home. We can have special helpers come to our house and help us if we need them. Erynn: Ok, then. I am ready for the test. Let's do it.

Erynn: Ok. Piece of cake. Now what do I have to do?

Mommy: Erynn needs to sit in the car seat for an hour without ringing any heart or lung alarms. You've got 45 more minutes to go.

Erynn: Am I done with the test yet? I am getting tired. Can I take a little nap?

Mommy: You have 30 minutes to go, baby. Yes, you can take a nap.

Mommy: Erynn, wake up. You did it. You passed the car seat test.

Erynn: Oh, it was easy. No problemo. What's next?

Note to Readers:

Erynn has passed all her qualifications for coming home. She will be discharged on Friday.

Although she is ready to come home, Erynn has not yet acheived her feeding goals. She will be using a combination of breastfeeding, bottle feeding and nose gavage to maintain her good nutrition while improving her breast and bottle feeding abilities.

6 comments:

Gweneth said...

Oh, what a beautiful baby!

GG

Marion said...

Congradulations, baby girl. Happy Homecoming!

Carrie said...

Way to go Erynn! Congrats to Erynn's mom and dad too, I can't imagine what life must have been like for you guys over the last 102 days! Phew!!

NatalieD said...

Congratulations to the entire Edmunds family! Erynn, ask your mommy and daddy to let their friends know what they can do to help--things like grocery shopping, errand-running, house cleaning and other stuff like that.

Richard and Sharon said...

Yesterday morning I got to watch that sweet little one. How much fun was that! I love the chubby cheeks because I like chubby cheeks on babies but it also reminds me of my own kids. We had somebody tell us our kids looked like they were chipmunks storing nuts for the winter!

Ingrid said...

Lovely story! I have been reading your marks from the very beginning.
Congratulations and God bless to little Erynn!

Ingrid from Estonia