Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sep 17 - Lights, Camera, Action

Are we on? Is the music queued up? Should I start?
Good morning, friends and welcome to "excercising with erynn". Today I will be demonstrating a light early morning stretching routine to help you tone your muscles and face the day.
Before we start, place your exercising mat on a soft yet sturdy surface to reduce stress on your joints. And remember, before starting any exercising regimen, you should see your doctor to ensure your body is able and willing to exercise.
Let's begin with a little stretch. Raise your arms above your head and pretend to reach for your favorite toy. Now, lift your feet and legs in a tricycling motion. Turn the wheels with your feet at a very slow pace.
Keeping pedalling until you to get to Grandpa's house. That's right.
By the way, my doctor said that I am doing very well. My lungs sound very supple and do not crack when I breathe in deeply. My eyes are bright and my ears are very awake. I am totally social and communicative and love to think about my thumb.
Ok, now that we are at Grandpa's house. It's time to get jiggy. Turn up the music, move your feet and hands and arms. Dance to the music. Don't forget a little fresh hip-hop action.
My reflexes are coming in and going out as they should. And, I don't get stuck in a reflex.
Stop the music. Time for a little reflex resting position. This is the fencing, archer or tonic neck reflex. It happens when we lay on our back and look at something in one direction. The one hand reaches forward while the other comes up behind your head. En garde.

Cut, cut, cut. I need a break. I am bushed. Everyone, take five.

Note from Mommy: As you can see, Erynn was a naughty little girl this week and very proud of herself. Everyday she pulled out her feeding tube and Mommy had to reinsert in everyday. Now, Mommy has a good taping technique to keep Erynn from pulling the tube out so much. But, in the realm of making lemonade out of lemons, we did take a lot a face pictures while the tube was removed. (alas . . . )

4 comments:

NatalieD said...

It's very amusing (but not surprising) that Erynn is asserting her strong will at such an early age. Watch out (yes!) for more "fun" times ahead!

Unknown said...

It is so great to start hearing from you again Erynn. I LOVE your new moves! (Tell you Mommy that she is a VERY creative and entertaining writer - Then of course how could she not be with such an obviously adorable subject ;o)?!?!?!

Carl and Pat said...

Cute, cute, cute!! This little girl is adorable (looks a lot like her mommy, I'd say). This post is a classic--keep 'em coming. (Pat C.)

Gweneth said...

Let's face it -- she's gorgeous!

GG