Friday, May 25, 2007

What Happened ?

On Friday, May 18th Mommy had back spasms. On Saturday, May 19th, I was born. Mommy planned on having every complication during pregnancy, but we were doing great and just passed a whole bunch of tests. Then, in less than one week, Mommy had several big bad infections that started to attack me in the womb. My two doctors knew something was wrong and ordered three tests to see if my world was still safe from the infection monster. Each test came back saying everything was fine. But, my two doctors didn't believe the results, so they filled my world with blue dye to see if my bag of waters had ruptured. While they were filling my world with blue dye, one doctor placed her hand on Mommy and it hurt. The doctor took an ultrasound peek at the sore spot and found a placental tear. Then, a few minutes later, the blue dye started to leak out of my world. We had two really big problems. It was time to leave my world inside of Mommy because it was unsafe for me. I had to get away from the infection monster. I was born at 27 weeks and 5 days. I am a now a Stage 1 Premature baby. I am not like all the other premature babies you know. I'd like to tell you about me. But, right now, I want to sleep.

3 comments:

GTMGK said...

You gave us all quite a scare, Ms. Erynn...we sure are glad you and Mommy are OK -- you're precious to us!

heffam said...

Dear Erynn, we are so very happy that you are doing better now. We have been thinking about and praying for you and your mommy and daddy a lot.We haven't wanted to bother them with phone calls so this blog is a super idea!
There will be lots of "baby steps" and some "giant steps" to take these next few months, but that's OK because "Mother, May I?" is great fun to learn. Just listen to your parents, the Dr's and the nurses. They all care about you - and so do we!
Love, The Heffam

Becky Wilson Berg said...

I am so impressed with this sweetly written blog and our hearts and thoughts and prayers go with you, Erynn dear. You have been given a wonderful mommy and daddy, and you mean the absolute world to them.
God bless all,
Becky Wilson Berg