Wednesday, May 30, 2007

10 Days Old - I'm Feeling Much Better

I love my ventilator. It is very tasty and comforting to me. I understand that my thumb will be even better. I love it when Mommy puts her pinky in my hand and lets me squeeze it until I feel better. Well, I have to tell on myself that I gave Mommy and Daddy and the doctors and nurses some really big scares and worries over the weekend. I had to have my oxygen up to 100% and my other numbers did not look too good. I was fussy and I didn't feel good either. All anyone could do was "press me" and suction out my lung secretions. I was feeling really low. So were Mommy and Daddy. But, since then, I've had 2 really good days for me and 1 medium to good day today. I've gotten 3 fabuluous blood gas results in a row and 1 perfect blood glucouse result. And, apparently, I have a very beautiful picture of my insides from today. About today, it turns out that gaining weight is not always so good for you. I was getting "puffy" and my nurse decided to give me medication to help get rid of excess water. Well, my diapers are getting quite wet and heavy now. But, my blood pressure is getting lower which helps my red blood cells which helps my lungs and a bunch of other stuff. So now I am sleeping on my back (I hate that.) and only using 55% oxygen. Do you know how much oxygen you use every day? I have to rest now, Uncle Kelly and Daddy are coming to visit me. I get very excited when Daddy talks to me. I hope I can stay calm so that Daddy and I can spend more time together tonight.

2 comments:

Gweneth said...

This is great. I love the new picture. Keep them coming. I love this little girl.

GG (a.k.a. Grandma Gwen

GTMGK said...

We haven't met you yet, Erynn, but wanted you to know that you have an Uncle Greg, Aunt Teri, and 3 cousins (Megan, Garrett and Kelsey) who live in Castro Valley, California and love you already. We can't wait to meet you in person!