Saturday, March 15, 2008

March 14 - I Don't Know What to Say

Recently, it has come to my attention that people don't think that I can smile or that I don't like to smile. This is not true. Sometimes I don't feel like smiling. Sometimes I get distracted by the camera and forget to smile. Sometimes the camera person takes the picture too soon or too late. (I am willing to overlook it.) And sometimes I am focusing all my attention on what I am doing and then suddenly flashity-flash, I didn't know I was supposed to smile. Do you remember how hard it was to stand up your first time? Thank heavens for my crib. I don't think I could stand this long without my crib rail. So, I called my camera person and asked for a special photo session. The camera can not flashity-flash until I am ready. Here we go . . . (p.s. The cutest picture is at the very end, but don't go there first. Promise!!!)
I love to sing
I love to dance
I love to fall
on the seat of my pants.
Can you see both of my two teeth? My second bottom tooth came in five days after my first tooth.
I love to pinch
and grab my toes,
I have shiny cheeks
and a cute little nose.
Grabbing my toes, especially when laying on my back is a major milestone for a premie baby. When you are born really early, you don't have a lot of time in the fetal curl position. And then, you spend a lot of time laying on your back in the hospital crib. So, it is really important to encourage curling and developing a "six-pack". Some premies never learn how to play with their toes. I feel sad. I love to grab my toes and spread out my legs. (Good shot of my two sharp little teeth also.)

Sometimes I'll smile for you because I want you to smile for me. Are you smiling because I am sitting up and staying up all by myself? I can't do it all the time, but I am getting better at it everyday.

Playing is very important for babies, it is how we learn. I can concentrate on and exam things with my little fingers . . .

and my little mouth. What's that, you would like to take a really good smiling picture of me ???

I am a happy baby. I can smile and I can laugh.

I hope you are feeling happy too.

Happy St. Patricks Day (soon)!

e

3 comments:

Gweneth said...

Baby-doll, you take my breath away!

Love, GG

Teresa said...

Ahhh.... so cute

NatalieD said...

My, oh my, what a beautiful, smart and talented little girl you are!